Jul 22 2010
Thank you to everyone who made it out to the 2010 Salute Dinner. Please enjoy some of the photos from the event.Events
Jun 11 2010
SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINE EXTENDED
July 2, 2010 New Deadline
Texas Southern University
In Partnership with the Port of Houston Authority
Maritime Transportation Scholarship
Texas Southern University has partnered with the Port of Houston Authority to develop a new academic program in Maritime Transportation Management and Security. The Bachelor of Science degree in Maritime Transportation Management and Security will begin the Fall 2010 and will address three nationally recognized priorities: logistics/freight, security, and environment – in a single curriculum.
Scholarships (in varying amounts) are available to students who meet the criteria and who are admitted to the program. The program is supported with funds from TSU and the Port of Houston Authority.
• Full Scholarship (includes tuition, fees, books, etc): up to $18,000 per year (12 scholarship awards available
• Partial Scholarship (includes tuition and fees only): up to $8,000 per year (12 scholarship awards available)
Fall 2010 – Spring 2010 (Renewal of academic scholarship is contingent upon full-time enrollment at TSU with 3.0 cumulative GPA or better)
• Application Deadline: July 2, 2010 (Students will be notified of award in July
• Must be a resident of Harris County (Texas)
• Must have a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 GPA Scale (updated 04/29/10)
• Must be admitted to TSU as either freshman, sophomore, or junior (transfer student)
• Must select Maritime Transportation Management and Security as major
• Maintain not less than 3.0 cumulative GPA each semester during the duration of the scholarship
• Must submit completed application form to the Department of Transportation Studies
• Must submit two (2) letters of recommendation (one must be from teacher/professor, counselor or principal)
• Must submit a one (1) page essay addressing the following:
“How Will the Maritime Transportation Scholarship Impact Your Education and Prepare You for a Career in the Maritime Industry?”
For more information, contact Program Coordinator Ms. Ursurla Williams, 713.313.4394, email@example.comFiled in: Events
Apr 07 2010
Thank you to everyone who made it out to the 2010 Spring Shrimp Boil. Please enjoy some of the photos from the event.Events
Mar 10 2009
I am very proud to be honored to serve as the current President of the Propeller Club of the United States, Port of Houston. I follow a long list of predecessors who since 1940, when our chapter began, have worked very hard to develop and keep the tradition of this organization very much alive and to continuously move forward as the local representation for the Maritime Industry in Houston, Texas. This Club has a tradition of service and support to local charities and organizations who have benefited from the Club’s many fundraising activities over the years. The Club Membership and Board of Governors along with others within the community work tirelessly in support of these charitable activities and in the interest of Houston’s Port and the local Maritime community.
Our annual Maritime Day Luncheon provides a forum where we showcase the activities of the Club, Honor those who have made outstanding contributions and award the recipients of the Club’s effort. I encourage everyone to attend this annual event, held in May. I also encourage everyone to get involved in the Propeller Club, help put our best foot forward in the representation and promotion of the truly outstanding Houston Maritime Community.
David E. KellyFiled in: Notices
Nov 12 2008
Thank you to everyone who made it out to the 2008 Salute Dinner. Please enjoy some of the photos from the event.Events